Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Amazon telephonic interview - Round1

This is really a very good experience

The interviewer called me after 15 of the scheduled time.

The interview went for 45 minitues and it was like this

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

He started with an interesting question Why are you planning to move ? (This mean what are you expecting from amazon) .

I answered it asusual as most of the people wil tell like challenging environment, blah blah.... (though I have that impression),then he told me that they have highly challenging jobs.

He asked me about the Product that I was working on currently.He asked me a few basic questions about our product and asked only one question on datastructures.

Given a binary tree,how do u find the mirror image of the tree?

After that I asked him,what exactly he does there and what development process they follow.He told me that they will not be having any testing team (Complete responsibility lies on developer :( , perhaps more challenging) and he's a senior software engineer and working for webservices.They are looking for a candidate for a support engineer in the same team.

That's it,after that he told me that there will be one more interview.So I've prepared for the next challenging round.(I'm writing this just after finishing my second interview).

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The current time is September 5, 2008 7:58 pm IST (for your reference).

Ashok. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

No comments: